Certified Pool Pump Replacement Program
The Certified Pool Pump Replacement (CPPR) Program offers, for a limited time, up to a $1,000 rebate to LADWP residential customers who have in-ground swimming pools filtered with a single-speed pool pump. This retrofit installation program is intended to retire older, inefficient single-speed pool pumps and motors and replace them with qualifying energy-efficient variable-speed pool pumps and motors installed by certified technician.
The ongoing Consumer Rebate Program (CRP) offers a $500 rebate for a qualifying variable-speed pool pump and motor purchase and installation with no installer certification requirement. All terms and conditions of the CRP apply to the CPPR offer; please read them carefully before signing and submitting your application and addendum.
- Residence must have an existing in-ground swimming pool (new pool construction, ponds, decorative fountains, and spas do not qualify).
- Swimming pool must be filtered with a single-speed pool pump that is replaced with a qualifying variable-speed pool pump and motor. Qualifying Pool Pump and Motor List
- Must provide photographs showing the pre-existing installed single-speed pool pump before changing it out to a variable-speed pool pump.
- The installer must be certified. Proof of certification must be submitted with your application or your application will not be considered for the CPPR offer.
- Run only during 8:00 p.m. to 9:59 a.m. (off-peak electric demand hours)
- Run for the minimum time necessary to maintain the water in the condition required by applicable public health standards and comply with California Energy Code calibration, low-speed default, and maximum flow rate requirements
How to Apply
Read the instructions and requirements on the CPPR Program Addendum for details and specific required documentation.
The CPPR Addendum must be completed and submitted along with Part A of the Consumer Rebate Program Application.
Submit all required documentation and photographs. Only mailed-in applications will be accepted for the CPPR Program.
Applications submitted lacking proof of a pre-existing single-speed pool pump will only be eligible for the $500 rebate through the CRP.
This is a limited-time program. Rebate terms and conditions are subject to change at any time. The program is set to expire on December 31, 2015, or when funds are exhausted, whichever comes first.